Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What is Network54 ?

Many viewers come to the Minor Hockey Blog looking for Network54 Hockey posts.  The Minor Hockey Blog is simply a website using blog format which touches on issues in Minor Hockey such as player movement.  It also identifies Hockey Classes, Hockey Camps and Hockey Products.  I hope that this is helpful to you.

The Minor Hockey Blog is not in any way affiliated with Network54.  Network54 is a social networking website which contains forums created for different topics by various owners.  Sports is just one section within Network54, and within the Hockey Category there are many different forums and threads.  Users may post anonymously, as they can here, and there are rules in place to prevent children and people from being named, but things can get out of control and inappropriate.

Link to Hockey: http://www.network54.com/Browse/Sports/Hockey
Female Hockey: http://www.network54.com/Forum/752492
Minor Hockey 2002 and Under: http://www.network54.com/Forum/672275/
(It's discouraging how much negativity can be posted regarding kids under 12)
Minor Hockey 2001 and Over: http://www.network54.com/Forum/672359/

I first came across Network54 when I found that all of the parents on a team seemed to know much more than I did about the coaching staff.  I was shocked when I visited the site.  It was amazing to me how many parents posted about each other while clearly socializing and living next door to each other.  Later, I was disappointed to hear that my child was part of a Network54 controversy.

On a positive note, Network54 pointed me to teams that needed players, OMHA movement rules, gave me a heads up about spots being taken during tryouts, and pointed me to some great camps.

Please feel free to post your opinion.  Have you ever found anything useful on Network54?

2 comments:

  1. There was lots of useful information on N54. Unfortunately the bad outweighed the good. I liked learning about player movement and teams looking for spots.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Sometimes life is so unfair and has a lot of challenges to take but it doesn't
    mean it is already the end of the world. We struggle and experienced those things
    for us to become strong, aware, and responsible of our actions. Thanks for
    sharing such a wonderful story.I hope that you can inspire more people.
    You can also visit my site and have a good day!

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete